Senior Interaction Designer, Wearables & Devices
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit is seeking a senior interaction designer to create engaging, functional and delightful experiences for our wearables and other connected devices. This position works closely with other designers, product managers, researchers and engineers to create experiences for brand new Fitbit products!
What You’ll Work On
As part of our devices design team, you will design delightful and functional interactions for our wearables and connected devices. This role requires the ability to be explorative, creative and generative, but also to design experiences within strict technical hardware and firmware constraints.
- 5+ years experience designing for digital products in the consumer technology industry
- Experience in user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling and detailed interaction design
- Empathy and an inquisitive nature
- A burning desire to solve problems ranging from the big picture the fine details
- Advanced knowledge in information design principles
- Deep knowledge of interaction design patterns across multiple platforms
- Experience launching digital consumer products
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Passion for Fitbit’s mission
- Experience designing interfaces for hardware devices
- Prototyping skills
- Experience in service design
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for this role. Your work should demonstrate exceptional interaction design process, user-centered thinking, story-telling and your ability to solve complex design problems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.