Senior UI Designer
As a Senior Interface and Visual Designer, you’ll join a dedicated experience project team that consists of researchers, service designers and technical wizards
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2016, our HQ began doubling its footprint with an ambitious new expansion including a dedicated research and innovation center, focused on connectivity and IoT.
Here at Dyson, we have a reputation for innovation, for disrupting the market with products that are revolutionary and shaping great user experiences, working smarter and better in every possible way.
Right now, our focus is on joining the dots, bringing our expertise to the internet of things where we can build whole new connected environments and explore and evolve our connected products to offer even more benefits. Over the last few years, we’ve established and invested in our Connectivity Research function, dedicated entirely to exploring, testing and refining next generation IoT solutions that will enable Dyson products to work in a connected environment.
It’s a business within a business, where each member of the team enjoys the freedom to bring their vision and expertise to work every day. And you’ll be joining us at an exciting, challenging time as we further grow our IoT and connected product range and launch our new responsive ecommerce site designed to inform and inspire.
- Advocating the needs of the user through design-concepts, workshops and team collaboration.
- Conceptualize and design clean, simple and beautiful interfaces for users across our digital estate, including for UI interfaces, native applications, physical products and responsive websites.
- Focus on experience leadership and thinking deeply about how simplify can create intuitive visual design interface design can satisfy product usability objectives alongside great user-centered design.
- Influence stakeholders to incorporate insights from user research and customer data and translate this into interactions that fix problems.
- Work closely with the Experience Director and the digital teams across an exciting range of projects, from our responsive website through to native mobile applications.
- Lead the visual of our digital touch-points and customer experience projects.
- Lead the design of strategic presentations.
- Present design rationale, design routes and recommendations to internal and external teams.
- Collaborate with relevant teams on creating design assets and guidelines.
- Collaborate with creative leads on process, interaction design and flows.
- Hands on creation of visual design within wireframes & clickable prototypes.
- Manage and mentor junior designers.
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of defining mobile interfaces projects.
- Be able to lead on multiple streams of work simultaneously.
- Experience of having lead and mentored other UI designers.
- Good experience of transactional e-commerce.
- Experience across response web.
- Excellent experience across native mobile apps.
- Excellent communications skills.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.