Senior UI/UX Designer
CBSi Games is the #1 network of games media sites and includes some of the most popular gaming destinations in the world including GameSpot, GameFAQs, Giant Bomb, and Comic Vine. It is part of CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, which is a top 10 web property globally and is comprised of leading brands such as CNET, CBS.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com, Metacritic, and Last.fm.
We are looking for an awesome UI/UX Designer who has a strong, progressive vision for user experience and interaction, and who has a history of designing responsive, mobile-first, mixed-media sites that include social elements, user-generated content, discovery, and personalization.
You will lead user experience and interface design efforts in a small, entrepreneurial team that is responsible for all design and front-end development across the Games media properties. You will work with Product, Engineering, Content, and Marketing to understand user goals and business goals for each project and will guide the team to achieve those goals while creating supremely compelling user experiences.
- Lead user experience and interaction design within the Games group.
- Be the user advocate, developing mental models, information architecture, and interaction patterns that guide the design language of the Games sites.
- Create aesthetically-pleasing, functional designs with an eye towards ease of implementation
- Implement your designs in HTML/CSS/SASS within the site framework
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to establish CSS/SASS standards for the site
- Improve existing site flows and develop new concepts, collaborating with and clearly communicating your ideas to Product, Marketing, and Content
- Develop a roadmap of Design priorities, and collaborate with Product to prioritize them
- Assemble and maintain style guides for each site and ensure that all new features are consistent with them
- Advocate for the Design team in meetings with Sales, Marketing, and Content
- This role reports to the Director of Product for CBSi Games.
- Strong portfolio with live examples
- 5+ years designing web- and mobile-based products, or relevant equivalent
- Expert in HTML/CSS with experience in responsive and device-agnostic development
- Experience with CSS pre-compilers such as SASS/Compass
- Familiarity with Git or other source code version control system
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or other relevant design tools
- Must successfully pass a background check.
In addition, CBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.