Senior User Interface Designer
Develop the mobile user experience design for Samsung's mobile devices. Conduct insightful, independent research and analysis on mobile usability. Research usage patterns and trends for mobile devices. Utilize advanced knowledge and techniques and principles for delivering consumer user experience. Develop information architecture and wireframes of workflows for applications developed for mobile handsets. Ensure user interface development results meet market (consumer) demand as well as technical specifications and requirements. Communicate and cooperate with other related parties, including product design team, research, engineers, marketing, counterparts in business partners and other business functions. Create new application wireframes and/or improve existing applications with reasonable design alternatives. Conduct small group usability studies and prepare analysis reports. Apply advanced knowledge of user interface (UI) related software, architecture, and usability engineering.
Necessary Skills / Attributes
Bachelors degree in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline and 2 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or related occupation involving mobile interaction design. Skill set must include
- Experience designing mobile user experience for UX design.
- Experience with graphic design tools such as Cintiq, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and related graphic tools.
- Demonstrated experience through portfolio presentation of created mobile interaction designs.
- Experience with wire framing and UX design tools including Microsoft Visio, Adobe Illustrator, Balsamiq and Axure.
- Experience with R&D tools including Perforce and Odin for managing and updating device software.
- Experience determining user research methodologies conducting user testing, analyzing research results, creating user scenarios and personas.
- Experience in working with mobile carriers to create carrier applications and handle UX issues.
- Understanding of network behavior in relation to mobile device activation and calls.
- Experience with working within large organizations and various teams related to product development such as product management, R&D, and business partners.
- Ability to deliver ideas and research results presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to analyze both industrial design as well as user interface for overall user experience of a product.
- Experience working with 3D programs such as Rhinoceros, Solidworks, Keyshot.
- Experience using Microsoft office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
BIG THINGS HAPPEN HERE. The amazing products for which Samsung is known world-wide are the results of the amazing people who work here. Their talent, creativity, dedication, and commitment to innovation are what make us who we are. To continue to be a world leader in technology, we focus on attracting the best talent available and offer a corporate culture in which every individual can challenge themselves to discover how good they are, and how great they can become.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, and with offices in Richardson, TX and Palo Alto, CA, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and a world leader in technology. We market a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics, smartphones, information systems, and home appliances. Samsung's philosophy is based on our strong determination for growth, perpetual innovation and responsibility to corporate citizenship. As a result of our commitment to innovation and unique design, the Samsung organization is one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. Our company is currently ranked #7 in Interbrand’s "100 Best Global Brands," and named #3 on the Boston Consulting Group list as one of the world's most innovative companies in 2014.
At Samsung we work hard – every day. It is a fast-paced and challenging work environment, and we are a nimble team that constantly pushes ourselves to be the best. If you have energy, passion, dedication and drive, and you thrive in a fast-paced workplace, the rewards at Samsung are many. Imagine working for a global company that is a world leader in innovation, in an environment where exciting things happen every day. Imagine working with an amazing group of visionaries/ individuals who make products that bring joy to millions of people across the globe every single day. Imagine where you want to be, and who you want to be. At Samsung...the possibilities are limitless. Apply today and find out why LinkedIn ranked us as one of North America’s Most InDemand Employers in 2014.
To this end, we follow various protocols during the recruitment process, including but not limited to, avoiding the inadvertent disclosure of confidential information of the applicant’s former employer.
Samsung Electronics America provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.