Please share a summary of yourself and your career "in a nutshell" to help introduce you to the community.
Hi everyone! I'm Alessia and I'm a Web Designer & Front End Web Developer from Italy. I'm in love with minimal design, typography and CSS animations. Over the last 2 years, I've been working for Adoratorio Creative Collective, a communication agency based in Brescia, Italy where I've developed many interesting projects.
In The Beginning:
1. Can you remember who or what gave you the idea to begin a career in design?
After three years of "Media Communication" at University, I read something about web design and coding... and it was love at first line!
2. What was the first website you were involved in designing and / or developing and how well did it go?
It was a tiny website for a bed&breakfast in Aosta Valley (Italy), where I come from. I was really proud about my first creation. The result was very good in terms of personal experience and the relationship with a real client.
3. How would you describe your career thus far? Is it all going to plan or is there no plan?
I had no idea my life would go this way, but it went much better than I could imagine!
4. What career advice would you give to yourself if you could send yourself a "temporal text" 5-10 years into the past?
"Let it flow and everything will happen itself."
1. What are your favorite aspects about working in design?
It's not a repetitive and mechanical job. Designing and coding I can create beautiful things.
2. If you could pick only one favorite project from your experience thus far, which would it be and why?
Bar Cavour - it was really hard and at the same time challenging to work with a lot of videos, controlled on scroll or by user actions.
3. What would be your favorite trend in web design and development from the last 5 years?
I'm in love with CSS only and SVG animations. Thanks CSS3! ;)
4. Are there any favorite trends you would like to see more of in 2016?
Mmm I don't know, we'll see. Certainly I prefer less exorbitant effects and more attention to small details.
1. Did you always want to work in the creative industries or did you consider any other career options?
When I was younger, web design agencies didn't exist, so my dream was to become a teacher or a vet.
2. Do you have a good work and life balance or is it a work in progress? Any tips?
It's all a work in progress. I hope to find my perfect balance and to have more time for outdoor walks.
3. What advice would you give to younger professionals wanting to find success in design?
I'm too young to give advices to others! ;D
4. If you had all the money you would ever need, what would you do with your life?
"Bye-Bye everyone": I'll surely leave for a trip around the world.
1. What type of projects and what industries do you prefer to work in?
I love to give strength to small projects, managing to convey the essence of the customer through the design of the site.
2. What memorable challenges or highlights have you experienced from the projects you have worked on?
3. What are your, or your company's, greatest strengths?
Patience, I need a lot of patience for all the micro changes that graphic designers ask me while I'm coding their layout!
4. What is the latest project you worked on or what are you working on right now?
My latest project is Studio Marani, a website for a communication agency. "Smooth" was my motto while coding it! Now I'm working on another super smoooooth project, so stay tuned! ;)
Alessia is an award winning Web Designer & Web Developer at Adoratorio Creative Collective. She loves minimal design & typography.