Senior UX Designer
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The American Express Enterprise Digital team is a newly created center of excellence designed to centralize web, mobile, and digital partnership development activities and help the company leverage digital expertise across businesses. We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer join an existing team of high performing UX Designers, Strategists, and Visual Designers to create the user experience for the core journeys of AmericanExpress.com. They will also partner closely with product owners, user testing, and engineers to enhance usability as well as the look and feel of these core journeys.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be hands on in all aspects of user experience including: gathering and understanding business & user needs, creating information architecture diagrams and user flows, building detailed wireframes, high & low fidelity prototypes and the creation of new concepts. American Express has won the JD Power Award eight years in a row, including Best in Web Interaction for the Credit Card Industry. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who can blend business needs with customer needs to drive innovative UX solutions.
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible products and services that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
- Create detailed wireframes, information architecture diagrams, user flows and prototypes
- Apply best practices in design approaches and methods toward delivering best-in-class experiences
- Work in collaboration with key project team members, including product owners, tech leads, developers, strategy, PM, and visual design
- Effectively act on partner feedback, user testing results and learnings to iterate on wireframes
- Manage relationships with global business partners, brainstorm and create concepts which help shape our best-in-class user experience for mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Be a passionate advocate for the user, ground ideas in data driven solutions by partnering with our User Centered Design research team to incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
- Collaborate and act as a UX advocate on projects outsourced to agencies
- Ensure adherence to design best practices, standards, and brand consistency
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- UX / Interaction Design experience
- Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences
- Experience designing consumer-facing applications, websites, and mobile experiences
- Exceptional skills in ideation, sketching, wireframing, user flows, and information architecture
- Ability to create both high & low fidelity clickable prototypes
- Very comfortable with design tools, most notably Sketch, OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and/or other UX & prototyping software
- Significant experience using lean/agile product development methods
- Experience designing responsively across devices
- Excellent relationship management, verbal and written communication and executive presence
- Clear and confident communicator with an affinity for visual storytelling
- Ability to learn quickly and provide UX leadership in a dynamic and matrixed environment
- Strong portfolio showing breadth of UX Design work
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the "Apply here" link below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).